In preparation for a shift change
We understand rushes sometimes make this impossible but we aim to not make it a habit.
Being on time for your shift
We cannot stress how important it is to be on time for your shift. Being late for your shift is both unprofessional and dishonoring to your teammates. If something out of your control happens (traffic, accident, family emergency, etc) we ask that you please inform the shift ahead of you as well as those working your shift with you as soon as possible.
- Back-flush the espresso machine–no need to use the descaling cleaner during the midday flush
- Rinse bar tools
- Empty grossers
- Change out towels
- Restock lids
- Restock cups
- Refill low syrups
- Make sure dishes have been started or are already complete, don’t leave a full dishwasher for the next shift to empty
- Wipe down counters and reset the cleanliness of the kitchen
- Restock any low pastries
- Wipe down tables and reset chairs
- Pick up any trash lying around
- Look for stuff left behind behind–jackets, hats, cables etc.
- Check bathroom cleanliness
- Empty bathroom towel buckets–leave one in the bucket so people know its’ purpose is for towels and not trash
- Refill towel totes
- Empty trash if necessary
- Check toilet paper level, soap, and air freshener–restock if necessary
Things to do and remember throughout the day
Be aware of what we are running low on and add it to the to-do list and accomplish the task when time allows:
- Iced teas
- Cold brew
- Hot brew
- Stock items running low or out completely
- Ice buckets
- Rolled take -out utensils
- Loose leaf teas and fill tea bags
Make sure to keep an eye on dirty dishes and overflowing drink carts, remove all dirty dishes to the back of the kitchen and load into dishwasher or stow away in the second bus cart waiting for the next load
- Dishwasher can be run as often as needed to keep dishes clean and stocked
- Do not leave dirty dishes in sink, on counters, or on the wall
- Do not leave empty milk bottles or cleaning spray bottles on the wall. Keep these out of sight from out guests and away from all food products.
Make sure to keep an eye on dirty bathroom towels. They overflow and run out quickly. Restock as needed and run towel loads in the washing machine as often as needed.